Cabot Creamery Cooperative offers Cabot OU Sharp Cheddar, certified OU-D by the Orthodox Union and kosher for Passover as well. Each year, Cabot produces a limited amount of Kosher Sharp, which is aged for 10 months. Reduced-fat cheddars, with various seasonings, are certified kosher by Tablet K.
For information, visit www.shopcabot.com/oukosher.
The following recipe comes from the company.
3 medium baking potatoes, peeled
(1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
1 cup Cabot Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. crumbled dried sage
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
oil for frying
1. Grate potatoes on grater blade of food processor.
2. Place on a clean dishtowel and roll towel up to squeeze out as much liquid as possible (avoids discoloration).
3. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Add the cheese, eggs, parsley, sage, flour, salt, and pepper.
5. Mix well.
6. Heat about 1/8-inch oil in a large, preferably non-stick, skillet over medium heat.
7. Slide rounded tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil.
8. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce and sour cream.