The Jewish Community Center of Northern New Jersey (formerly the YJCC) is hosting a series of Town Hall meetings with candidates for local, state, and federal office as a part of its active adult programming series. The meetings, which will begin at 11 a.m., will be at Temple Beth Or, 56 Ridgewood Road, in Washington Township.
Speakers will include incumbents and challengers. They will discuss relevant hot topics, answer questions, and hear from seniors about what issues matter most to them.
“Even a 10-minute conversation with our seniors can yield life advice or a funny anecdote or provide a connection to our shared histories,” Bergen County Freeholder Tracy Zur, who will address the group, said. “They don’t have to be our grandparents to make a difference in our lives, or for us to make a difference in theirs.”
The schedule so far is:
• Tuesday, October 16 — State Senator Gerald Cardinale (District 39)
• Thursday, October 18 — Bergen County Executive Jim Tedesco with Freeholders Steven Tanelli and Tracy Zur
• Tuesday, October 23 — Norman Schmelz, candidate for Bergen County executive
• Thursday, October 25, John McCann, Republican candidate for Congress (Dist. 5)
• Tuesday, October 30, Rep. Josh Gottheimer (D Dist. 5).
Seniors are invited to stay for a kosher lunch after the presentation; you must register for lunch at least three days in advance; there is a $4 suggested donation. To register, email email@example.com or call (201) 666-6610, ext. 2.