Historical society gets documents from Newark German Jewish group
search

Historical society gets documents from Newark German Jewish group

Linda Adelsohn of the MetroWest area, right, shown here with Linda Forgosh, the Jewish Historical Society’s executive director, donated historic documents to the JHS archives that explain the origins of Newark’s IKUV or Israel Chronic Sick Benefits Society, an organization composed primarily of Newark’s German Jews. Started in 1885, the Verein’s members devoted their energies to charity, education, and brotherhood. In addition the Verein provided cemetery plots for its members and their families. For more information about the activities of the IKUV, or to become a JHS member, email Ms. Forgosh at lforgosh@jfedgmw.org.

comments