This easy-for-kids-to-make apple pie recipe starts with pre-made pie crusts. As for the filling, use Golden Delicious, Rome Beauties, Granny Smiths or Jonagolds apples for a delicious pie.
2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 egg white
8 large Golden Delicious apples (peeled, cored, and sliced thinly)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Peel apples and cut them into moon-shaped slices about 1/2-inch thick.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Unfold one of the pie crusts onto a 9-inch pie plate. Brush with egg whites and let egg white dry while preparing the filling.
4. Toss apples with remaining ingredients.
5. Place apples closely together into prepared crust.
6. Unfold the second prepared pie crust over the apples, tucking the excess under the bottom crust. Crimp the edges with your fingers.
7. Cut 3 or 4 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape. Brush the top of crust with remaining egg white.
8. Cover the pie loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil.
9. Bake 10 minutes. Remove foil, lower temperature to 375 degrees and bake another 30 to 40 minutes. Once done, set aside to cool.