We’ve finally found the link to that crazy all-inclusive Israel trip for less than $1,000 that was leaked a few days ago.
8-Day Tour of Israeli Cities and Historical Landmarks
This 8-day tour of Israel from Gate 1 Travel starts off in Tel Aviv before heading to Tiberias and Jerusalem.
Each trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from JFK
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- 1 night of standard accommodations at Cinema Hotel in Tel Aviv
- 2 nights of standard accommodations at Maagan Kibbutz Holiday Village beside the Sea of Galilee or Prima Galil Hotel in Tiberias
- 1/27/16, 2/10/16, 2/12/16, 2/14/16, and 2/24/16 options stay at Prima Galil, all other options stay at Kibbutz Maagan Holiday Village
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at Prima Park Hotel in Jerusalem
- All transfers
- Six breakfasts, two dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Days 1–3: Arrival and Tel Aviv
After a long flight, you’ll arrive on day 2 in the cosmopolitan city of Tel Aviv, known as the White City for its numerous whitewashed Bauhaus-style buildings. You can use your first day here to explore on your own. Head to one of the eight major beaches or hip up local cafes for a cup of Israel’s famously strong coffee. A walking tour on day 3 covers all the major sights.
Rabin Square: Formerly Kings of Israel Square, this large plaza was renamed after Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who was assassinated here in 1995.
Explore the artists’ quarter in the ancient port city of Jaffa.
On the way to Tiberias stop to see the impressive Byzantine and Roman ruins of Caesarea.
Day 4: Tiberias
Nestled on the shores of the storied Sea of Galilee, Tiberias is considered one of Judaism’s four holy cities. You’ll have the entire day to look around on your own.
Admire modern sculptures at the Tiberias Open Air Museum located on a walkway near the shore.
Hamat Tveriya National Park: Enjoy the fresh air and natural hot springs as well as 4th-century architecture at this park and archeological site.
Optional $89 9-Hour Galilee and Golan Heights Tour with Lunch: You’ll drive to Safed, the epicenter of Kabbalah, where you’ll visit the artist’s colony and an ancient synagogue. In Golan Heights, tour the Mitzpe Gadot and have lunch at Kibbutz Gadot. Afterwards, you’ll visit the site of a former Israeli bunker and visit a kosher winery in Katzrin before returning to your hotel. This tour is not available for Wednesday departures.
Days 5–8: Jerusalem
On day 5, you’ll travel through the Jordan Valley to reach Jerusalem, a city of enormous religious, historical, and political significance. You’ll walk the same streets once traveled by kings, prophets, and crusaders alike. On your first day here, you can take an optional tour of the New City, which includes a stop at the impressive Israel Museum. Then on day 6 you’ll delve into the past with a tour of the walled Old City. Spend the following day exploring Jerusalem on your own before flying back to the US on the morning of day 8.
Dead Sea Scrolls: These ancient texts on display at the Israel Museum date as far back as 408 BCE and contain important Hebrew scriptures.
Dome of the Rock: The most recognizable building in Jerusalem, this temple features a gold-plated dome covering a slab of stone that’s sacred to both the Jewish and Muslim faiths.
City of David: Though excavation began here in the 1850s, it continues to this day, unearthing architecture and artifacts from the Canaanite period.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal?
Airfare is available from New York City (JFK). The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? This deal is only available for travel on the dates listed.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded by Groupon. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? All travelers, including children, must purchase a Groupon voucher. Kids must be 8 or older to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.
So, what are you waiting for. Book it here: https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-gate-1-travel-israel-2
h/t Kyle Gildin