Are Jews Smarter?
search

Are Jews Smarter?

This has been making the rounds on the Internet, and we don’t vouch for its accuracy.

Is it possible for your ancestry, religious affiliation, or nationality to determine your intellect?

According to a study performed by Cambridge University called, “From Chance to Choice: Genetic and Justice,” Ashkenazi Jews have a median IQ of 117.

That’s 10 points higher than the “accepted” IQ of their biggest competition, Northeast Asia, and 20% higher than the global average.

The Ashkenazim make up approximately 80% of all Jews with descendants from Medieval Germany and throughout Europe. The other 20% is made up of Sephardic Jews.

Other researchers state results for the Ashkenazim tests show an IQ score a little bit lower than 117, but one thing they can all agree on- they’re still topping the charts.

An interesting observation that the study points out: the scores for “visual-spatial” were particularly low, and ipso-facto the math and language scores are astonishing.

According to USA Today, “Ashkenazi Jews comprise 2.2% of the USA population, but they represent 30% of faculty at elite colleges, 21% of Ivy League students, 25% of the Turing Award winners, 23% of the wealthiest Americans, and 38% of the Oscar-winning film directors.”

Wait, that’s not all!

According to the Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies, “Since 1950, 29% of the Oslo awards have gone to Ashkenazim, even though they represent only 0.25% of humanity. Ashkenazi achievement in this arena is 117 times greater than their population.”

Reprinted from Shalom Life

read more:
comments