The following recipe is from the kitchen of the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel’s new Executive Chef Mordechai “Moti” Bochbut.
3/4 cup of milk
1 cup of sugar
3 tbsp. honey
7 oz. ground poppy seeds
3 1/2 oz. ground almonds
Zest from half a lemon
1/3 cup of raisins
1. Boil the milk, butter, sugar, and honey and mix in the poppy seeds.
2. Chill the mixture and add the almonds, raisins, and the lemon zest.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
1 level tbsp. dry yeast
4 oz. lukewarm milk
1/2 cup of sugar
17 2/3 oz. flour (use a standard measuring cup)
A pinch of salt
10 1/2 oz. margarine or butter
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 oz. sour cream
1 egg yolk
1. Mix the yeast with the milk and a teaspoon of sugar and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the flour, the salt, and the remainder of the sugar .
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Knead until a supple soft dough is achieved.
3. Roll out the dough thinly and cut it into small circles.
4. Place a tablespoon of the filling in the middle of each circle and fold it into a triangle.
5. Brush egg on top and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.